Monday, March 01, 2010

Never Give Up

2 Corinthians 4:16
That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. (NLT)


I am reminded of Winston Churchill's famous World War II speech where he said: "Never, never, never, never give up." Giving up is the easiest way out of most situations. Woman give up today by having abortions. Husbands and wives give up by getting divorced. School children give up by settling for the average grade. People who overeat give up by giving in to their addiction.

I am retired now, meaning I am collecting on the over fifty years of paying into the social security system. I am still doing the Lord's work and never intend to stop that. But as the years go on I have to admit I am not as agile as I was forty years ago-not even twenty years ago. I thank God every day for my healthy body and mind.

However, the condition of our mortal body has nothing to do with our reaching out to the lost. It has nothing to do with our God given talents. It has nothing to do with the fruits of the Spirit evident in our everyday living. Out spirits are being renewed every day.

No comments: