Friday, March 12, 2010

Christ Character

2 Corinthians 6:6
We prove ourselves by our purity, our understanding, our patience, our kindness, by the Holy Spirit within us, and by our sincere love. (NLT)


When I was growing up I wanted to be just like my Dad. He was my hero and my role model. As I grew into my teen years, neither of my parents was on my "I want to be like them" list. As I grew older, I realized how foolish those thoughts were. They were wonderful examples of Christ's love in all they said and did.

I hope my life today shows purity, understanding, patience, kindness, and sincere love to others. That is a big piece of pie to eat. I don't think I can honestly say I excel in any of those attributes, but I desire to. I try each day to live up to the character of Christ. That is who I want to be like.

I see now that my parents really did live up to those qualities in all I can remember them doing. They lived a pure lifestyle, were filled with understanding, were patient especially with me, showed kindness in everything they did, were led by the Holy Spirit daily, and showed sincere love to all.

No comments: