Monday, August 17, 2015

Masterpiece

Ephesians 2:10 NLT
For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

When I think about a masterpiece, I think of an old painting created by a famous artist many years ago and worth a small fortune. Dictionary.com defines masterpiece as, "A person's greatest piece of work, as in an art or anything done with masterly skill". We are God's greatest work.

By going to the cross for us, Jesus canceled out our debts for all time. Our sins are forgiven--past, present, and future. We are covered by the blood of Jesus shed for us at the cross. It gets even better.

When we became a believer and asked Jesus to come into our heart, God heard us. We became born again; born of the spirit with a new birth date. And Father God sent the Holy Spirit to come into us and fill our spirit. Holy Spirit, the spirit of Christ lives in us. Jesus is alive and working through us as we practice His presence each day.

"Thank you, Father for being in my life. Thank you for my being your masterpiece. Thank you for teaching me daily as I step out and minister to others, to those you place in my path. Continue to order my steps and point me to where You are working so I may join you. It is in Jesus name, I pray. Amen."

No comments: