Monday, July 25, 2016

Strengthen Me


Isaiah 41:10 NLT
Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

Sounds like advice, minus the God reference, you might give to your own children. We would do anything for our children as they were growing up. Sometimes ever to the point of standing up for them when later we found out they were in the wrong. They were out kids and they could do no wrong.

Yet as we go on day by day in our struggle here on earth we can feel weak. Things can be going on all around us and even to the point of consuming us. When in our lowest point, God is there with us helping even when we don’t see it.

2 Corinthians 12:9 - And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  

We have Holy Spirit, a gift from Father God, in us. He is the spirit of Christ the living son of God. He is in us and His power is there for us. As we practice His presence acknowledging that the Kingdom of God is within us He will come upon us enabling us to do amazing things.

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

And there is no limit to what we can accomplish with Christ in us working through us. There are no limits on Him and He is in us. Therefore the only limit in us is the one we place there. For the impossible is nothing for Him. It is not by our strength, but His.

No comments: