Monday, July 18, 2016

In Us

Ephesians 3:20-21 NLT
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.

In this life we are schooled by our parents about life and in school about numerous subjects. Many of those subjects I questioned while taking them. I just could not fathom why I needed to learn that. Some I still wonder about.

The real learning in my life did not come from schooling. That learning kicked started me on my life journey. And it has been in that journey with successes and failures I have learned much and grown even more.

The same can be said about my walk with God. For years that consisted of going to church with my parents weekly and being reminded daily that He was with me, protecting me. The only time spent in the Bible was at church when I attended a Sunday School. My experience in God was limited while my experience in the world was growing exponentially.

When I left home to be on my own I still knew God was with me, but I no longer even went to church on Sundays. Much later in life God showed up and miraculously healed my wife and we gave our lives to Him. We were consumed with Him and our new relationship with Him. Jesus was becoming the center of our lives together.

Jesus said we would do greater things than He. We had seen what He did through another believer and we began to allow Him who is in each of us who believe to use us. We began to see Him heal others and even to see miracles as we allowed Jesus to work through us. Our knowledge of who He is began to grow and grow as we continued to allow Him to reach others.

I pray, in the name of Jesus, that you may know that you know that Jesus is in you. That you have all the promises of God working in you and through you today. Practice His presence. Let Him use your hands, your feet, and your mouth to love all God's children.


No comments: