Monday, March 24, 2014

Fruit

Galatians 5:22-23 NLT
But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

Some people seem happy all the time. At least that is what we see when we meet them. They have on a smile and seem to always be patient and kind towards us. Others are just the opposite! They appear as though it is a burden to them to speak with us. There just does not appear to be any evidence of joy in them at all.

Am I speaking about believers and unbelievers here? No. I do not know about you, but I see both examples in and outside of church on Sunday morning.

The fruit in our lives can be the result of effort on our part. This is a good thing, but is driven by our desire to make ourselves Christ like. Even unbelievers can come across this way and many do. Unseen is the state of our heart. Are we manufacturing the fruit or is it the result of what is truly in our heart?

When the Holy Spirit comes into us like He did on Pentecost for the believers in the upper room we become filled with His presence. He changes our heart and produces true fruit in our lives. No longer to we have to manufacture it for others to see.

"Father, continue to fill me with your Holy Spirit. Let my fruit be the result of the changes you have made in me and not something I manufacture for others to see. Change me into the image of you. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen."

No comments: