Monday, March 10, 2014

Copy and Paste

Romans 12:2 NLT 
Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

In this age of communications we use computers in all forms. We have large desktop computers that many have replaced or supplemented with laptops. We have tablets and smart phones. Every one of them allows us to copy and paste files and pictures and even words from one location to another.

We are warned in this scripture to not copy the things of this world. Everything we associate with transforms us a little even unknowingly. We tend to think and act like those we hang around with. And it is hard to allow God to do in us the work He has planned when we are running with the ungodly.

As we allow ourselves to be aware of the things of the world that can bring us down the wrong path and seek God's face instead, He will transform us and make our thinking more and more like His. And that is what I want, to think like Jesus, to have the mind of Christ.

"Father God, I thank You for all You have done in my life. I thank You for the changes in me. I am not the same as I used to be. Please continue to transform me so I think and act like Your Son. Give me the mind of Christ. Help me to do the work You have called me to. Copy and Paste Your goodness into me. In Jesus name I pray."

No comments: