Saturday, August 03, 2019

Works

John 5:19 NLT
So Jesus explained, “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself. He does only what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does, the Son also does.


Nothing wrong with doing works for God. Just don’t let them take precedent over the works Holy Spirit has for you to do. Don’t let your works cause blinders that prevent you from seeing what He has called you to do.

Wait on God to bring you to the place He needs you to be. Trust Him to fulfill all His promises. Then watch what He does.

Don’t get ahead of God. He has a plan. Don’t be so anxious that your plan stops His. Allow Him to use you to fulfill His.

Remember we were saved through faith by grace and not by our works. The only work is to believe in Jesus.

WWJD or what would Jesus do is a cute saying. It has led many to march forward doing good things; doing what their mind or someone else thought God has for them to do.

But what did Jesus do? He did what He saw the Father doing. He was led by the Holy Spirit. And that is what we are to do. It is not about our understanding. No, it is about letting go and allowing Holy Spirit work through us. Letting Him change us from the inside out.

Thank you Jesus for saving me; for my being born again and securing the salvation of my spirit. Help me to let go of my mind, will, and emotions to allow Holy Spirit to change me and save my soul.

Believe it and receive it

No comments: