Saturday, August 17, 2019

Don’t Hide Your Light

Matthew‬ ‭5:14-16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. 

I remember myself as a little boy with a flashlight under the bed covers. I wanted to read one of my comic books, probably Donald Duck and not get caught. I tried to keep the light all to my self.

How often have we been guilty of hiding His light? Of hiding the light of the Lord from those around us? When in church we loudly praise Him. We hear His word preached and take copious notes. Then we keep it to ourselves. We hide His light.

Jesus instructed us to go into all the world and preach the good news. We may have a personal relationship with Him but we are to share Him with the world. We are to shine His light everywhere we go.

That flashlight was powered by batteries. They lasted a while but eventually stopped powering the lightbulb. Without power the darkness returned.

John 8:12
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, ‘I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.’

Jesus is the light of the world.

We have to listen to all Holy Spirit has for us each day. The more we follow His lead and the more we hear His words pop off the pages of our Bible the more we receive the mind of Christ.

Keeping our thoughts in the past is walking in darkness. We want His light shining in all our thoughts and actions. As we see we are walking in our old ways we need to change our focus to what the Holy Spirit is trying to show us.

Jesus said the only work is to follow Him. Lord, help me to stay in the light and focused on what You have for me.

Believe it and receive it.

No comments: