Saturday, August 31, 2019

God Loves You

‭‭1 John‬ ‭4:15-16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.


We have friends. I love my friends but not like I love my wife. Or like I love my children and grands and great grands.

Ever had someone you loved turn away from you, disappoint you, even try to harm you?

Facebook has redefined the word friend. A friend is anyone who likes our page and follows us. They are those we may not even know outside of Facebook but they are very much into our daily lives. This is certainly a new definition of the word friend.

‭‭John‬ ‭15:14-15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.


As believers, we are a friend of God. And He loves us with unfailing love. We don’t have to do anything to receive His love. It is unconditional. This is simply mind-blowing to me.

Every form of love you and I will experience in this world is failing love—it breaks and it bruises, it hurts, it disappoints and ultimately it dies.

But God’s love never ever fails. Not ever. Not even physical death can stop his love.

He said he will never leave us or forsake us.

He also says he sees our sins no more. They are as far away as the east is from the west.

Why do I believe in the resurrection? Because God says he loves us with an everlasting love.

Everlasting means everlasting. It means forever and ever.

Either God has to raise you from the dead and keep on loving you or else he is a liar.

God is not a liar. His love for you will never wear out or die.

Cancer can’t keep you from his love. Neither can depression, AIDs, alcoholism, or drugs. The devil and all his demons cannot separate you from his love. Neither can death nor life.

The only thing that can come between you and his love is your refusal to receive it.

The only thing that can separate you from the love of God is you.

Let’s pray

Father God, thank you for loving me even after all the wrong I have thought. All the wrong I have done.

Help me to let go of my past and follow you, Lord. Help me to be an example for others to follow as I follow Jesus and allow the Holy Spirit to guide me.

In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

No comments: