Monday, December 12, 2016

Control

1 Corinthians 7:8-9 NKJV
But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am; but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

In this culture we live in today the norm is to have sex for fun even to live together without the bonds of marriage. Sex has become a sport and is used to sell things, to lure people into places and things. A term used in marketing is that "sex sells".

The word speaks of having sex outside of marriage and it says if you can't control yourself with your woman you need to get married. But the key is exercising self-control and God's not gonna do that for us. These human bodies desire things because that's how we are made.

It's up to us to control what we should and should not do. God's not going to stop us. We have to use self-control. When Jesus died on the cross he gave us the gift of grace. The father no longest sees our sin. But that is not a license to do it.

He wrote his laws on our heart (Hebrews 10:16 NKJV) so we would know know right from wrong. It's not about what the culture says is right or wrong. It's about what's on our heart; what we know to be His desires for us.

Father, help me to be the person You may be to be; the person with Holy Spirit living in me. Help me to use self-control whenever I am tempted to veer off of the line that separates my walking in the spirit and my walking in the flash. It is in Jesus name I pray, amen.

No comments: