Monday, October 24, 2016

His Plan

Jeremiah 29:11 NLT
For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

When I was getting started on my own I had many plans. I was not even looking at the far future, but planning for my short term (it felt like long term at the time.). I wanted to make something of my life to provide for my family and give us a good life. I knew God was always with me, but I was not pursing Him or His plans. I had never been told He had any for me.

Well those plans of mine turned out to be very short lived. After all, they were my plans. Plans my wife and I had made so seriously. I was progressing in the work arena, but was forgetting about reaching out to God. And all those plans crashed and burned. Maybe you have been there, too.

Wish I could say I learned something, but I continued on with my own planning. And that went on for years until in one day God made himself very real in my life. I saw with my own eyes Jesus perfuming a miracle in the body of my wife. The doctors had nothing to do with it. She was totally healed of an incurable disease she had lived with for decades.

Jesus died on that cross for each and every person on earth back then and for all future persons. He took on himself all the debt they have accumulated or will accumulate. He brought us out the age of law and ushered in the age of grace. Salvation is at hand for everyone. It is a gift given with no strings attached. Grace is a gift as well. We cannot earn either gift and we cannot lose either one either. All we must do is believe, believe in the one the Father sent. Believe in Jesus as the son of God, that died on the cross, and then rose from the grave to live forever in each and every believer.

Thank you Father for the free gifts of salvation and grace. Thank you for sending your Son to die for me. Thank you for your unmerited favor on my life, for your grace. Help me to hear Holy Spirit as He guides me down the path You have for me to fulfil the plans You made for me before the earth was formed. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.


No comments: