Monday, August 15, 2016

Do It

James 1:22 NLT
But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.

Have you ever taken a class, even one online, and when you finished you thought you were all set? You understood what was said and would not have any problems doing what you were taught.

Then a few weeks later, or even a few days, you sat down to do it. Your mind went blank and you could not remember step one. You even had taken some notes, but they looked like chinese to you at this point.

To really know it, you have to do it. You have to put into practice what you have grabbed ahold of and use it in your day to day life. And I do not mean talking about it. I mean actually walking it out as you were taught.

As believers we have Holy Spirit in us. He and our spirit are one. But we need to allow all that knowledge to get from our spirit to our head. We need the mind of Christ. Holy Spirit is our comforter and he teaches us all things. All does not mean we get something from Him others do not and vice versa. We all get all things.

As we read our Bible, God reveals to us hidden truths. Most of the time they were right there, but we read right over them each time. And then, today, those same words jump out at us--an aha moment.

One of my favorite verses as a healing evangelist is in Mark 16:18. It tells us that we will lay hands on the sick and see them recover. Wow. It does not even tell us to pray. When we lay our hands on someone who is sick they will recover. Wow.

To see that actually happen we have to lay hands on the sick. We can talk about it all we want, but when we actually believe what the Holy Spirit has revealed to us and stretch forth our hands to them, Holy Spirit, the spirit of Christ, comes upon us and touches them. They are healed.

"Father God, help me to use what you have given me. As I listen to your voice showing me the way, guide me into doing what you have said. I want to hear you and I want to do what you are teaching me. Thank you, Father. In Jesus name I pray."


No comments: