Monday, September 07, 2015

Citizens

Ephesians 2:19 NLT
So now you Gentiles are no longer strangers and foreigners. You are citizens along with all of God's holy people. You are members of God's family.

We don't have to become Jewish to be a Christian. We do not have to follow their non-Christian customs and rituals or those from any other religion. Jesus did not say to become a Jew and follow me, He said to just follow Him and then to have faith and believe without doubting. It is the Jew that becomes a Christian just like you and I.

Jesus did not evolve from being jewish to becoming the son of God. He was born already being the son of God into a family that believed in the one true God. We all come as we are to Jesus. The Father sends Holy Spirit to live in us and teach us all things. He teaches us what we can cast off from our old life. He came not to give us a bunch of new rules, but to free us from the bondage the old rules put us in. He came to show us the truth. He came to welcome all as citizens into the Kingdom of God. Thank you, Jesus!

"Holy Spirit, continue to teach me. Show me in God's Word what I need for the each day I walk on this earth. Help me become the person I was made to be regardless of what I have come out of, regardless of what religion I used to follow, regardless of what wrongs I have already been forgiven of, and of what mistakes I will still make while I live in this mortal shell. It is in the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen."

No comments: