Monday, September 21, 2015

Wisdom

James 3:13 NLT
If you are wise and understand God's ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom.

Wisdom is mentioned 215 times in the NLT Bible. James 3.13 tells us that "If you are wise and understand God's ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom."

Webster defines wisdom as: knowledge that is gained by having many experiences in life, the natural ability to understand things that most other people cannot understand, and knowledge of what is proper or reasonable; good sense or judgment.

Note the difference between the Bible and the dictionary. Wisdom comes from knowing God's ways. His ways are found throughout our Bibles, throughout His Word. The instructions for life are in His Word. As we read His Word and assimilate what He is telling us through it, we acquire wisdom.

Acquiring worldly knowledge and agreeing with the morals of the world makes us wise in a carnal sense. True wisdom comes not from the world and its evil ways, it come from God.

James 1.5 tells us how to get more wisdom: "If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking."

"Father God, thank you for providing your Word to me. Thank you for the wisdom you impart to me as I go and see where you are working so I can join you. Thank you for showing me where I need to discern the difference between worldly wisdom and Your wisdom.. Guide me into all truth. In Jesus' name I pray."

No comments: