Monday, June 22, 2015

Stuff

Mark 8:36 NLT
And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?

We live in a society of stuff. The advertisements are all geared to entice us to get the latest and greatest things. When I grew up we had the same telephone for most of my young years. The big rage back then in phones was the Princess Phone. It even came in colors.

And when you talked televisions it was not about how many and if they were flat screens hanging on the wall. No, it was whether you had one or not. And computers were something the government had, not us regular people.

Now we have to get the latest and greatest cell phone even ordering them before they hit the streets. And the larger the screen on the television the better to brag about. We want those make believe stories on the set to look like reality in our living room or even our bedroom. Heck they even have shows now categorized as reality TV. We have pushed realty out of our own lives and into the television screen.

Everyone seems to want the package deals from their local cable company with the 200+ channels most of which they will never watch. Few stick an antenna on their sets and settle for off the air channels for free.

And instead of looking out for others and serving God’s people as our Lord asked of us, they are interested in putting others down for their own benefit. Often it is for gain, for greed. They want what they believe should be theirs without any compassion for others.

We live in the age of Grace, God’s grace in our lives. I believe He wants us to show that same grace to others in all our dealings.

As we allow His Love to flow through us in our deeds and actions miraculous things unfold right before our eyes.

“Thank your Father for allowing me to show Your grace to others. Help me in my compassion for others. I want to be just like You. I want Your love to flow through me in all my dealings, in all my communications be they in person, over the phone, or on the web. It is in Jesus name I pray.”

No comments: