Monday, June 08, 2015

His Wisdom

Romans 11:33 NLT
Oh, how great are God's riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways!

When I was growing up the wisest person I knew was my dad. Perhaps you felt the same way about your dad or you had someone else. As I grew older I got to a point where I felt that I knew more than either of my parents. I could not believe how old they were in their thinking and how much more I knew than them.

Then I grew older and started to realize how smarter they had gotten over the years. Hahaha. It wasn't them that got smarter. It was me that got back to reality and had my eyes opened to who they really were. I guess this was just a cycle of life for I am sure my children felt I was pretty dumb at that same point in their lives.

Now I am a little older with children and grandchildren and great grandchildren! Wow does time ever fly by! At this chapter in my life others see my white hair and assume I am wise. But whatever wisdom I have is from the Lord. He is the source of all wisdom. There is nothing He does not have the answer for.

That makes sense you say. But how can we get that wisdom from Him to us? The answer is simpler than you may think. It does not require any special words or actions on our pat. We must simply believe.

When we ask Jesus to become Lord of our life and give everything over to God, the Father sends Holy Spirit, the spirit of Christ to live in us. We believe He is in us and we are in Him. Then we have all the answers, all wisdom and all knowledge at our disposal.

All we have to do is ask, in the name of Jesus and all is available to us. Ask and the listen for His answer which may come in many ways, but He will answer. There is power in the name of Jesus!

No comments: