Monday, March 09, 2015

Follow Him

Galatians 5:25 NLT
Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives.

If I were to move to another country where English was not spoken I would learn their language. I would learn and follow the customs of that country and blend in as much as possible.

So we become a follower of Jesus and begin our new life as a Christian. We go to church when we feel like it or don't have anything else to do on Sunday morning. And when we are around other Christians we emulate them in words and actions as much as we can.

God has given us a new life. We have been reborn in our spirit. Holy Spirit is in us and yet we are pulled like with a strong magnet back into our old life. How can we follow Jesus when we have the spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit inside of us and ignore Him?

Following Jesus is more than going to church on the weekend. It is more than trying to look like other Christians we know. It is more than praying before a meal. It is more than reading a devotional every day. It is more than listening to the latest Christian music while driving. It is a lot more.

Father God, help me to be more like Jesus. Help me to die to my fleshly desires. Show me what I should do and what I should not do. Show me those around me that are a bad influence on my growth in You. Help me to follow You all the days of my life. In Jesus name, I pray.

No comments: