Monday, March 02, 2015

Behavior

1 Peter 2:12 NLT
Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when he judges the world.

When I grew up it was not uncommon to hear someone in authority over me to say "do as I say not as I do". They knew what was right but were not following it.

And we heard what they told us but grew up doing what they did and not what they said. Actions speak louder than words.

How we behave around others is an example of how Christians behave. We are their example of Christ. When they hear about Christians, it is us they think of and our example, our behavior on a day by day basis.

1 John 3:18 NLT
Dear children, let's not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.

I hope my behavior shows the love of God to all who come in contact with me in person, on the phone, and on Facebook. May I be the reflection of Jesus in all I do and say.

No comments: