Monday, August 11, 2014

You Are A Door

Galatians 2:20 NIV
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

I heard a song in the car the other day by Jason Gray, With Every Act of Love, that speaks to the fact that we are a door that God uses.

The chorus reads like this:
God put a million, million doors in the world
For his love to walk through
One of those doors is you

Father God sent Jesus to walk the earth and reach His people. Jesus spoke to many, touched many, and healed them all. Then He was crucified for all our sins and went to heaven to sit at the right hand of God. But it did not end there. No, as He promised He asked the Father to send Holy Spirit to live in each of us who believe, each who follow Jesus.

Holy Spirit guides us and comforts us. Paul refers to Him as Christ within. And as we walk forth in His love it is Christ's words and touch that reach out to others. We are a door and allow Him to use it; allow os to be His hands and His mouth so they all may be reached and healed.

No comments: