Monday, August 25, 2014

Boldly Go

Ephesians 3:12 NLT
Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God's presence.

This takes me back to the sixties and the ending line of the introductory text of many Star Trek episodes, "To boldly go where no man has gone before". In the seventies the original episodes were aired every night and I remember watching them while eating dinner.

And here we are today gleaning truth after truth out of God's word daily. With the Holy Spirit to prompt us we boldly go into our Bible and He reveals new truth to us, or the same truth in a new way presented to take care of the issues we are facing.

It amazes me every time God does it. Words that were just words in a book to me many years ago before I became a believer, a born again Christian. Now those same meaningless words telling a historical story to many have become Words that change my life each time I read them.

And which version of His Word does that? I believe that the Holy Spirit knows which version I am reading and reveals what I need with that version. And I might be using a different version today than the one I used yesterday.

Some say the KJV is the only true translation. Others like the NKJV, the NIV, the NLT, the Amplified, or another of the many choices. Truth be told none of them are totally accurate as most were created from 1611 (KJV) onward. All from various original manuscripts written in Greek and Hebrew.

So what matters to me is not the translation but the revelation God through the Holy Spirit gives me when I read the one I picked up. Thank you Jesus for speaking to me in this way.

No comments: