Monday, June 23, 2014

New Life

2 Corinthians 5:17 NLT
This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!

I just looked at some pictures of myself from thirty years ago. When I walk past a mirror it is like I was transported from that young man I still think of myself as to that old guy in the mirror. But that older version of me is the me I have become.

This scripture tells us that when we become born again we become a new person. That old guys still exists with all the same experiences in life, good and bad. And he still has the same human nature flaws. But a door has been created allowing us to move back and forth from that old man to the new.

The secret is to stay on the new side of the door. But circumstances of life seem to pull us back to the other side. It take a conscience effort to pull away from circumstances and reach out to our Lord; to become that new person Jesus' death on the cross made available to us.

"Father, thank you for the new life you have given me. Help me to walk as that new man. Help me to have the mind of Christ so others, when they look at me will see the face of Jesus. They will see His light shining through me. In Jesus name, I pray."

No comments: