Monday, June 16, 2014

Live Wisely

Colossians 4:5 NLT 
Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone.

How we live does affect those around us. And conversely, those we hang around with can have an effect on us as well. It is so easy to just stick with our close friends at church and do everything with them.

Although that might be good for us it tends to keep us from doing what God has for us to do in the world. And by avoiding situations where we are dealing with unbelievers we are avoiding trouble that we might need to go through to grow in our faith.

But we do not want to blend in so well with those outside of our circle of friends that we act and talk just like them. Often what they do does not line up with God's word. We must be careful to walk correctly and not get tripped up by the fun others appear to be having in the moment.

"Father God, while I am with others help me so my actions, my speech, and my response always line up with the Word of God. May my lifestyle rub off on them and not the other way around. Help me to live wisely. In Jesus name, I pray."

No comments: