Monday, August 26, 2013

Free to Sin

Romans 6:15 NLT
Well then, since God's grace has set us free from the law, does that mean we can go on sinning? Of course not!

I grew up in church. We went every Sunday since I was born. My parents were in the Word daily. God was everywhere in our house, our car, and with us anywhere we went. I knew I could not hide from Him.

I knew right from wrong, but that did not exclude me from sin. Temptation is always gathering us in and it seems almost impossible not to give in. Giving in with everyone else is much easier than standing our ground.

Even now that I have grown up and have Jesus as my Lord and savior. Holy Spirit resides in me. And yet, I still give in to temptation. I still find myself on the wrong side from time to time.

But I do not look for ways to sin. No, the tempter gains ground every now and then. With the help of Holy Spirit, I recognize what is happening and step back to the right side asking His forgiveness for what I did.

We are set free from the limits of law, but that does not mean we are free to do whatever we want to do. No, we are free to do what He wants us to do.

No comments: