Monday, May 27, 2013

Please Everyone

1 Corinthians 10:33 NLT 
I, too, try to please everyone in everything I do. I don't just do what is best for me; I do what is best for others so that many may be saved.

How often are we looking out for ourselves and looking to please us? Or perhaps helping others but looking for something in return. If I please them they will owe me one. Too often we expect the return and as such lose the blessing. We are too ME centered.

Now I believe the serendipity of doing what is best for others is a blessing for us. And it may come from anywhere; usually not from those we are helping. Yet, that is not why we are to be there for others.

So the next time someone is in need, Lord, send me. I am ready to be used as your servant to bless your people. Thank you, Jesus!

No comments: