Monday, May 06, 2013

Transforming

Romans 12:2 NLT 
Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Back when I was growing up the behavior and customs of the world as I knew it was very much Biblical. This was back in the 1940's and 1950's in New England. The morals of society was pretty much the same as what the Bible was teaching me. It may not have been this way in other places as this was just my experience being raised in a Christian home.

It was in this period of time that the words "In God We Trust" was added to our paper money and "Under God" to our pledge of allegiance. There was a clear difference between right and wrong, good and bad.

Now what we knew to be wrong behavior is considered right behavior. Fifty years ago it was more difficult to tell the difference between a believer and nonbeliever. Their behavior and customs were similar. Not today! We can be considered a good person by today's standards and be way out of line with what the Bible teaches.

Thank you, Jesus for coming into my life. And thank you Holy Spirit for continuing to change me into the way He thinks. Forever transforming me to be more Christ like.

No comments: