Monday, July 16, 2012

Heal Me

John 12:40 
"The Lord has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts- so that their eyes cannot see, and their hearts cannot understand, and they cannot turn to me and have me heal them." (NLT)

Sometimes I have a hard time understanding why others do not see things as I do. What seems so clear to me is hard for them to understand. From their perspective, I probably seem the same to them because I just do not get what they are trying to tell me.

And yet, if think back over my life and the choices I made I wonder what I was thinking. Some of those choices were just not the right ones. Had I known what I know today, I would have gone in a different direction. But, we would not be who we are today had we made a different choice back then!

Today I am walking with the Lord trying to stay on the right path in all I do. I wish I could say I am successful every day in every way. I am not. Each day I try again and with His help I know today will be one step closer.

In Mark 16:18 Jesus tells us we will lay hands on the sick and see them recover. And we do. But there are times when the healing does not take place. Is it our hands? Does He not want them healed?

We do our part as Holy Spirit leads us and in His authority and power healing should take place for He wants all His children healed. But some are not because they do not believe. They cannot turn to Him so He can heal them.

No comments: