Monday, August 15, 2011

The Flaw

2 Peter 1:3
By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. (NLT)


Growing up I was given all I needed. I went to good schools, had many friends and my parents kept me in clothes, fed me, and provided a place to sleep. They brought me to Church where I learned about God and Jesus. They discipled me in life as they knew it.

When God made mankind, He made them after His own likeness. But, he gave us one flaw. Unlike the rest of the living creatures, He gave us the ability to choose the direction we would go. Adam and Eve had everything they needed for living a godly life. What did they do? They chose wrong and everything changed for mankind.

Today when confronted with a choice between godly and not godly, how often do we choose to please ourselves? After all, it is only for this one time. The last time the world chose so poorly, God had Noah build and ark and He drowned the rest of mankind. Hmm, what about all that rain this past spring?

When we accepted Jesus as our Lord and Savior it did two things. It was the key or the password to unlocking all God has already placed in us. And it opened a place in us for the Holy Spirit to reside. We have it all. We have all the knowledge and wisdom we need to build a close relationship with our maker and the Holy Spirit to keep nudging us in the correct direction for that to happen.

The flaw pops up once again. We get to choose. With God's help, we pray our choices are godly ones and that each day our relationship with Him grows.

No comments: