Sunday, December 10, 2017

The Vine

John 15:5 NIV
I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing

I have heard sermons about how we are grafted into the vine. Joined with Christ. Placed in a vine that was meant for the jews. As gentiles we were allowed a place. But watch out. If we aren't careful we could be removed. 

How silly those thoughts are. Even someone as ignorant about plants as I am knows that once grafted in that piece of the plant is stronger than the originals. 

When we receive Jesus in our heart as our savior we are grafted in forever. There is nothing we can or cannot do to be removed. 

Father God gives us gifts. He grants us salvation and the gift of grace. Once given a gift is never taken back or it would not have been a gift.

Jesus went to the cross and paid our sin debt so we never have to worry again. His forgiveness is forevermore. Nothing we do can take that away. He will never leave us or forsake us. 

His gifts are without repentance. (Romans 11:29) We don't earn them and we do not have to do anything to keep them. 

He remembers our sin no more. (Hebrews 8:12) Those events in our lives are as far from Him as the east is from the west. 

Thank you Father for grafting me into the vine. For your Son abiding in me and me in Him. Thank you for your mercy and grace. And for your everlasting forgiveness. In Jesus name I pray.

No comments: