Sunday, February 12, 2017

Shut My Mouth

Galatians 5:16
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

If it isn't Jesus doing the talking through us our mouth should be shut and our eyes and ears open. They should be open for opportunities to minister to those around us. Opportunities to let go and let Jesus.

We should be open to let Jesus use our hands or feet and our mouth. Isn't that what it's all about? We are new creatures in this old human body. And Yet our old self still wants to break through and commands attention.

It is up to us to make the choice, to make the conscious decision to allow our spirit to be in the forefront pushing our flesh further behind.

The term die to self, what does it really mean? Those selfish fleshly thoughts and desires are there. But each time we think about them or try to act on them we have a choice to make. It is our choice to look to Jesus. It is our choice to walk in the spirit.

So let's stop fooling ourselves. Let's get rid of all these fleshly desires and give them over to God. Let's walk in the spirit of Jesus right there in the open with us every day, every way, every place we go.

Father God help me to see when I'm in the flesh. Help me to just turn that moment over to you and look to Jesus. Help me to spend every moment of every day in the spirit. Help me to allow Jesus to walk and talk and touch others. I ask all this in Jesus name. Amen.

No comments: