Monday, February 15, 2016

Believe

John 3:16 NLT
For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

Words used today have totally different meanings than they did when I was growing up. Think about the word friend. If you are a Facebook user you know that the word friend has taken on new meanings. Are your friends on Facebook really friends? When you unfriend someone will you never speak to them again? And why aren't friends of friends your friend, too? Or can they be?

Everyone has seen the scripture reference to John 3:16. Some know the words, but do they really know them? The same can be said of His name, Jesus.

Knowing about Jesus is not the same as knowing Jesus. I grew up in church and knew the Bible stories. I knew God was always with me and that He was a good god. I knew the story of Jesus' birth and about the many times he healed the sick. I knew about Jesus.

I thought I was saved and that Jesus was with me in my daily walk. But it was not until I experienced Him in my life in 1991 that I asked Him into my heart, to be my Lord and savior. It was then that Holy Spirit came to live in me and everything changed. I was born again.

So before 1991 I believed about Jesus. I knew who the Bible said He was. But I did not truly believe in Him. I had not asked Him into my heart. Now He is in me and I am in Him. My spirit and Holy Spirit are one. Jesus lives in me!

No comments: