Monday, December 14, 2015

Testify

1 Chronicles 16:8 NLT
Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.

Our kids are playing soccer and everyone can tell. We have a bumper sticker on all our vehicles that says so. And we wear adult versions of their soccer shirts. When they win, we tell everyone and post pictures and video all over our Facebook page. We let the whole world know what they have done.

Perhaps this is your story. "Went to a small group last night and God healed me. That pain I had been experiencing all week left just like that! Wow, God is good and I thank Him for those at the group that laid hands on me."

The next day you go to work and do what you always do eight to five. When you leave they know no more about what God had done then they did yesterday when you were in pain. You thanked God when the healing occurred and all the way home in the car. But when you got to work you went on with your day like nothing had happened at all.

I believe Father God wants us to let the whole world know what He did. What about this addition to your story? "I have to tell you what happened to me last evening. I was with a group of friends and complaining about the pain I had been having. They asked if they could lay hands on me and pray. When I said "Yes", they proceeded to pray, in the name of Jesus, and all my pain left immediately! I am still pain free. Isn't Jesus wonderful?"

Our story, the history of our life with Jesus, is His story. The way to tell others about Jesus is to tell them, to testify, about what Jesus has done for us. We tell others how our relationship with Him has changed our lives and ask them if they would like to get to know Him, too.

Testify. Share your story with someone today.

No comments: