Monday, December 28, 2015

Fruit

John 15:5,8 NLT
Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father.

Knowing who we are in Christ is key to walking out our Christian walk. The first step on that walk is believing in Jesus. We become born again asking Jesus into our heart because we believe in who He is and why He came. He becomes Lord of our life and sends Holy Spirit to live in us.

It is key to a fruitful walk that we remain in Him. If we do so, we cannot help but do as Jesus would do in our daily journey. There are many scriptural references to remind us who we are. Here are but a few:

I have been given power and authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing by any means shall hurt me (Luke 10.19). I can rejoice because my name is written in heaven (Luke 10.20). In Him I have life and that Life is Light to all men (John 1.4). I am a child of God (John 1.12). In Him I will never perish, but I have Eternal Life (1 John 3.15-16).

On our own we can do nothing lasting. Sure, with the knowledge we have obtained both in earthly matters and in knowledge of God's Word we can do great things here on earth and even teach others what we have learned in our studies of the Bible.

Real power comes from our walking out in who we are in Christ. In Him we have all the anointing of Jesus because He dwells in us--His spirit and ours are one. As we practice His presence allowing Him to work through us as we reach out and touch others we have His authority and power to do the miraculous things He did and more.

And the more we walk out, the more Holy Spirit teaches us and the more we grow in our relationship with Him. The fruit in our lives will be evident to all we come in contact with and we give all glory to God the Father.

No comments: