Monday, July 06, 2015

The Battle

Romans 8:31 NIV 
What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 

There is a battle going on daily for the saved and the yet to be saved. As believers we are in constant battle with temptation. The enemy knows our past and our weaknesses. He finds ways to remind us of those "good times" we had following him in the past. He brings people of our past life across our path to trigger those old memories and tempt us into going back.

The yet to be saved are still listening to the enemy tell them how good they have it. They are lured by the instant pleasures of the flesh and the search to find happiness in this fallen world. And yet all they need is to hear the truth and they, too can be set free from the baggage they have accumulated.

The battle is in the spiritual realm manifested in much around us. Our society is goodly rather than godly. It seems to have turned from purpose driven to pleasure seeking. If only they knew the pleasure in walking with Jesus.

No matter how long the battle wages or how intense it gets one thing is sure. The battle is won and Jesus is the victor. I am so glad I am on the side of truth; so glad I have been born again into victory over my past, present, and future. I can truly say, "If God is for me who can be against me?"

No comments: