Monday, July 13, 2015

Faithful Guard

2 Thessalonians 3:3 NLT 
But the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one. 

Faithful is not about having faith, it is defined by Merriam-Webster as being loyal, firm in keeping promises, and true to facts. 

No matter what I do, how I fall in my daily walk, my Jesus is with me to pick me up and remind me of His promises to me. He reminds me that He is in me and I in Him. And in Him: 

I am a doer of the Word and blessed in my actions (James 1:22,25). 
I am a joint-heir with Christ (Romans 8:17). 
I am more than a conqueror through Him Who loves me (Romans 8:37). 
I am an overcomer by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony (Revelation 12:11). 
I am a partaker of His divine nature (II Peter 1:3,4). 
I am an ambassador for Christ (II Corinthians 5:20). * 

The evil one may try to get me to do those things I used to enjoy by tempting me throughout my day, but He who is greater is in me. He gives me strength, He guards me from all temptation and even when I fall into temptation, He is quick to show me the way out. He is in battle with me as I walk out this salvation walk ever learning, ever growing in Him. Thank you, Jesus! 

* See more promises at TheEvans.org 

No comments: