Thursday, May 28, 2015

Spring Cleaning

2 Corinthians 3:17 NLT
For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

When I was a young boy living at home my mother would clean the house every week. The home always looked clean.

But once a year as the season changed from the cold of Winter to the warm gentleness of Spring she would do a Spring cleaning. This is when all the furniture was moved and everything was cleaned. Any dirt hiding away was discovered and removed.

We are free in our spirit. Holy Spirit, Christ within lives in us. Therefore because His spirit lives in us there is freedom.

So why are we still bound to things of this world? Why don't we feel free from the burdens of this life? We have Jesus in us and with Him comes freedom.

Yes, that is true. But. There is a "but" and it has to do with our soul and our mind. Our spirit is one with Holy Spirit and perfect in every way. Our soul and mind are still living much of the old life.

Our soul needs cleansing and our mind needs renewing so we have the mind of Christ. Then we will fully experience total freedom.

On the outside we may look clean and free. Our talk is life giving and others are touched by Jesus as we encourage them and pray for them. But to be totally cleansed like that Spring cleaning we must set aside what we are holding on to from this worldly life and give it all to God.

"Father God. Help me to clean house. Show me what I have not turned over to you. I desire the total freedom You have for me to experience. Thank you for sending me Holy Spirit to save my spirit. Help me to become more Christ like each day and to have the mind of Christ. In Jesus name, I pray."

No comments: