Monday, February 23, 2015

Revealed Truth

1 Corinthians 2:13-14 NLT
When we tell you these things, we do not use words that come from human wisdom. Instead, we speak words given to us by the Spirit, using the Spirit's words to explain spiritual truths. But people who aren't spiritual can't receive these truths from God's Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can't understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.

I have been using computers for a long time. My wife, Dianne used to call me the Fred Flintstone of computers. The first ones I worked with were huge as compared to the ones we use today. There is more power in my smartphone than in those dinosaurs I worked on in the 1960's. In all those years I have picked up a lot of knowledge regarding using computers. So when I am with others just getting started much of what I say is meaningless to them. They can't understand what I am talking about.

When we accept Jesus our spirit becomes born again and Holy Spirit is sent to reside in us; the two spirits become one. We then begin to understand things in a different way. It is like a secret door has been opened. When we read God's Word things that were always there jump out at us and we see truths we did not see before.

When we try to discuss these revelations to others who are not born again they just do not understand. They need the key to unlock the truth we have been given. And that key is a relationship with Jesus. And that begins with accepting Him into our heart allowing Him to be our Lord and Savior.

No comments: