Monday, October 14, 2013

The Example

John 13:15 NKJV
For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.

Do as I say not as I do. We have all heard that at least once. And we may have even said it when we knew the example we were setting did not live up to how we wanted to live.

We can't do it on our own. Our human desires are used by the enemy to pull us off course; off the course God has for us. So the lifestyle we live may not be portraying a Christ centered one.
Only with God's help can we hope to become the person we truly want to become. I believe we need to rely on Holy Spirit in every facet of our life and not just when we find ourself in need.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light. But He is relying on us, our lifestyle, the way we live in the presence of others, to shine His light in the world.

No comments: