Monday, October 28, 2013

Serving Others

Acts 20:35 NLT 
And I have been a constant example of how you can help those in need by working hard. You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"

In society we are filled with workers dedicated to serve their superiors so they can keep their job and depend on that weekly paycheck. The basic desire to serve is out of a need to be paid not a desire to bless them.

Oh that is not true, you say. Consider this. When you leave one job for another you no longer have any thought of serving your former bosses. The need is gone for they no longer have any control over you or your paycheck.

God has given us each gifts to serve the body of Christ. This has nothing to do with finances. It has everything to do with helping each other grow in our relationship with God. For the gifts are given to build up the body of Christ.

"Lord show me how I can serve my fellow Christians today. How I can be a blessing to each I come in contact with. Teach me how to pray for their needs. In Jesus name I pray."

No comments: