Monday, March 20, 2006

LOGIC OR FAITH
"Why, that's very strange!" the man replied. "He healed my eyes, and yet you don't know anything about him!" (NLT John 9:30)

I was always one who had to have a reason for everything; always looking for scientific proof. No matter what, I always looked for a logical explanation of things. Math was a favorite of mine in school, because computers were not available back then. I guess that need to think logically is one reason I ended up in computer programming early in my career.

On the other side of the coin, I grew up in a family believing in God and having faith in Him to be there at all times. I knew He was there in the good times and in the bad times. Early on I learned about the fiery furnace and had to depend on God no matter what situation I was thrust into.

One side was logical and always looking for answers. The other side knew God has all the answers and I had the faith to look to Him. If we know something because we logically deduced the reason why, that is not faith based, it is logic based. Faith is when we believe something we have no logical reason to believe.

He healed that mans eyes and there was no logical reason he should have been able to do it. Healing is not something we can logically understand. It happens because God can and we have the faith to believe He can. The logic is in the belief in God.

No comments: