Sunday, October 28, 2018

But Lord

1 Peter 2:24 NLT
He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you are healed.

I am free indeed. Jesus did it all at the cross. He took away my sin debt. He took all sickness and disease and infirmity. All the curses are gone. All the promises are yes and amen. 

We read scripture that tells us this. We sing songs old and new that reinforce all we have heard. And we say we believe. 

And yet when the enemy comes against us in our health we say but Lord. We run to the ER and the doctors for a diagnosis. We begin to beg God for Jesus to step down from heaven and heal us. 

Is it that we forgot what Jesus went to the cross for? He did it all and said "it is finished". 

But Lord. Why do we keep allowing the enemy a door to come in and bring us back to a place we were. Jesus did it all and all we have to do is believe it and receive it. Our total health is in Christ. He is not our backup. He is our all in all. In Him we trust wholly. 

His word tells us to just believe. How can we stop giving the enemy a hold on us? He who is in us is greater than anything the enemy can throw at us. Right? 

I want to believe it. I want to receive the healing, deliverance, and freedom that became ours at the cross. It became ours the moment we said "Yes Jesus I will follow you!"

Father, thank you for loving me the way I am. Thank you for using the medical profession to fill in the gap for me. They are the professionals and you are the healer. Guide me into the path you have for me to take. I trust in You.

No comments: