Sunday, August 26, 2018

Get Behind Me Satan

Matthew 16:23 KJV
But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

He was not speaking to Peter, but to the enemy that was giving Peter false information. The same enemy that invades our thinking helping us to make wrong choices in life.

There are Christians that believe that Jesus turned Peter over to Satan when Jesus said "Satan get behind me." Some also believe that Jesus turns us over to Satan to teach us things. I don't understand where they are coming from. Perhaps I am the one wrong.

As I see it, now that we are born again and have Holy Spirit, the spirit of Christ living in us how can Jesus turn himself over to Satan?

Holy Spirit awakens us to things we need to put aside and we have the opportunity to cast those things out as He changes us to be more more like Him. I believe He allows us to mess up and through those bad choices teaches us and we learn from those experiences.

Father God, thank you for Your mercy and Your grace. Thank You for sending Holy Spirit to live in us and teach us all things. Thank You for Your unending love even when we don't deserve it. In Jesus name we pray.

No comments: