Sunday, June 17, 2018

Why Not

Romans 8:11 NLT
The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you.

I am not ready you say. I know Jesus wants me to go into the world and preach the good news but I am not ready.

I have only been saved for a little while, you say. There are many Bible studies I need to attend, many steps I have to take. I can't do what I see my brothers and sisters do as they pray and council. I have to get more knowledge.

Then I hear preached that I must get myself straightened out before I can expect to minister to others. Then I may even need to attend a seminary so I am prepared even before I can expect God to heal me.

This is what I have heard in many churches. It is not truth. The truth is all about Jesus and what He did for us at the cross. I am healed because of His stripes. I am ready to do all He has for me because I am filled with Holy Spirit. I am born again. All the promises of God are yes and amen.

He abides in me and I in him. The same power that raised Jesus from the dead is in me. I am righteous in Christ. I am fully equipped to do the work of the ministry and was fully equipped the moment I received Holy Spirit to preach to the lost, cast out demons, heal the sick, and raise the dead.

Why Not step out today and do it? Why not speak to that stranger and tell your story. Your history is His story. You are ready to go. You are ready to lay hands on the sick and see them recover. Why not go for it?

No comments: