Sunday, September 03, 2017

Get Rid of Sin

Romans 7:18-19
For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do-this I keep on doing.

One day we called on Jesus name and asked for His forgiveness and to have Him come into our heart and save us. We are born again believers in Jesus Christ.

We cannot get rid of sin. But the Lord will help us get through it.

Sin is the result of giving in to Satan and his path which is designed to take us away from the path God has for us.

Jesus died not to take us away from sin. He died so we could be free from the penalty of sin. We are free forever. We are forgiven forevermore.

As believers who have Holy Spirit in us, we have no desire to sin anymore. And yet there we find ourselves, day after day. We know what we should do but we don't.

Thank you, Jesus, for forever forgiving us. For there is no longer a penalty when we miss it. All we need to do is realize what we did and put our gaze back on Jesus. Put ourselves back on the path He has for us.

He saved us not to get rid of sin. He saved us from the penalty of sin. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments: