Sunday, January 15, 2017

Be Holy

1 Peter 1:15-16 NLT 
But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say, "You must be holy because I am holy."

In this life we are not given things. We have to earn them. There is work involved. And if we don't do it the rewards are not given. We have to earn our school diploma and if we don't have it the job market for us is very limited. We get what we earn.

This scripture may sound just like that if you have your worldly glasses on. It seems to say we must be Holy. We must do the things it will take to become holy. Not so.

We are Holy. The only work on our part was to believe in Jesus. Once we did that we became born again. Our old life died and we received a new one. Our spirit is one with Holy Spirit, the spirit of Christ.

Let's read it his way. Because He is holy we are holy. We are in Christ and there is nothing else we can be!

Father God. Help me to be the best me I can be. Help me be holy in my thoughts and deeds. Help me to walk in the spirit and not in the flesh. In Jesus name I pray.

No comments: