Monday, June 06, 2016

Love

Romans 12:10 NLT
Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.

As human beings we have a small circle of people we surround ourselves with that we call friends and and even smaller circle of those we say we love.

Of course with apps like Facebook our definition of friends has changed to include even many we do not even know. A friend to me is someone I know more than an acquaintance but I know that if I have a need they will be there for me. I thank the Lord for the friends that I have.

Paul doesn't tell us here in Romans to make friends with everyone even though that seems to be what we're doing on Facebook. God is love. Holy Spirit is in each of us believers. God's love is in each of us and that love should be felt by all we come in contact with. We love others because He loves us. And He loves us with an unconditional love. There is nothing we can ever do that would stop Him from loving us.

We are saved by His grace and will live forever in eternity with Him because of that Grace. The Father never again sees our sin.

Father God thank you for your great love for me. Help me to show that same love as much as I am able to all I come in contact with today. May the love and light of Jesus shine through me to others. It is in Jesus name I pray. Amen.


No comments: