Monday, April 13, 2015

Christ in Me

Galatians 2:20 NLT
My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Wow. Christ lives in each and every believer. That is so powerful and yet not really grasped by most of us. The creator of the universe, all that is, lives inside us. He is in us!

If we really had a grasp on that reality, would we be watching the kind of movies we watch? Would we be telling the jokes we tell? Would we be ingesting the foods and drink we find ourselves attracted to? Would we be the worldly person we seem to be most of the time?

I remember how my character seemed to change when I was young and would be around my grandparents and older aunts. I was that wonderful little boy they knew. Even when I was a teenager! Not that I was into anything real bad, but I did test out swearing and talking back at adults and a few other things.

That old man grew from boyhood into an adult and picked up more bad habits from those he hung around with in the early days. Then I became a believer and a follower of Jesus Christ. Oh what a change that made.

I did not have an earth shattering conversion like we hear from many. I just accepted Jesus into my heart and asked him to save me. He did and He sent Holy Spirit to confirm my conversion. The spirit of Christ was now living in me and my life began to change.

What I thought was fun and exciting shifted from those worldly things to do into godly things to do. And I was not forcing it upon myself with self discipline. The Lord was in it all the way. It did not happen suddenly. It has taken many years and He is still doing a work in me.

I thank Him everyday for what He has done in me and through me. As we allow Holy Spirit to show us the way daily, we grow a little more each day, and we become more and more Christ like, Thank you, Jesus.

No comments: