Monday, November 03, 2014

Scripture Teaches

2 Timothy 3:16-17 NLT
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.

And the word all means both the new and the old. It teaches us right from wrong and can steer us in the right direction when making choices. The question I ask is this one. Does what I am about to do line up with God's word? If not, then it is not a path I want to follow.

The same is true with hearing a message on television, reading a book, or even sitting at the feet of a pastor at church. Is what I am hearing line up with God's word? And if not, I do not accept it as truth.

This does not mean the source is not godly. It does not mean they are not born again believers. They may be. Just consider that all we receive is filtered by our years of experience in the world and our walk in the spirit. So what they said may not have been meant the way our filter had us hear it.

Father God, open my ears to hear Your truth. May the filter of my mind be replaced with the mind of Christ so all that I hear is true and steers me on the path you have designated for me. In Jesus name!

No comments: