Monday, January 14, 2013

He Intercedes

Hebrews 7:25. 
Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf. (NLT) 

When I was growing up my parents had my back. They were praying for me and there for me whenever I did anything wrong and encouraging me through good and bad times as I learned to stand on my own two feet. Of course I did not realize this until I was a bit older and on my own. 

Even later in life as I dealt with grown up issues, I know they were back at their home interceding for me. And I am sure you are doing the same for those close to you. We care and pray for those we love without any need for them to know we are doing so. 

As believers who have asked Jesus into our hearts, He forever intercedes for us. He is a shield between us and the Father only allowing our best to pass through. He protects us and forgives us as we go about our lives bouncing from temptation to temptation trying hard to live as He who lives in us.

No comments: