Monday, December 31, 2012

Producing Fruit

John 15:5,8
Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father. (NLT)

Fruit grows on vine and trees. We see it in many forms from grapes, to apples, to pears, and even tomatoes. We don't pick them ourselves, usually. We simply go to the market and purchase what we want to eat. Farmers plant the appropriate seeds to grow the vines and trees. They nurture them and feed them water and protect them so the fruit will be tasty and plentiful.

Life is full of choices and God has given us the ability to make our own. We choose eternal life by believing in Jesus and following Him. God sent the Holy Spirit to live in us. He is in us and we are in Him as long as we choose to remain in Him.

All produce fruit. Even those who are not following Him are producing fruit in their lives. So it is important that we trust Holy Spirit to guide us in all we do. If we choose to follow the fruit that looks good to us we could be walking away from our Godly path. Remember what happened to Eve when she chose the wrong fruit?

"Lord, show me the path to follow. Lead me to produce the fruit of your vine so you will see me as your true disciple. All the glory goes to you, Lord. In Jesus name I pray."

No comments: